...the AIM Awards Online Portal?
...none of the above?
If you're a bit lost then don't worry, give us a call on 01332 341822 and we'll do our best to get you on track. However, you may find the answer to your questions below.
Help with registration
If you need help with registering learners, you may find that the answers to your questions are in our documentation, for example "Being an AIM Awards Centre" which is located on our Centre Handbook page.
Below are the basics of registering learners but if you have a question that is still not answered, you can contact your allocated Customer Support Officer on 01332 341822 or by email.
1. In order to register learners on an AIM Awards qualification you must a) be a recognised AIM Awards centre and b) have qualification approval for the qualification you wish to register learners on. If you don't have either AIM Awards or qualification approval you need to follow the steps outlined on the "How to offer our qualifications" page.
2. Once you have approval to offer the qualification, you need to get access to the AIM Awards Online Portal. This usually happens automatically but if not, get in touch with your allocated Customer Support Officer.
3. Once you have access to the Portal, you can download a blank learner registration form, add the details of your learners then upload it back to the Portal. We'll process this and confirm by return that your learners have been registered. For courses of 15 weeks or less, the Learner Registrations should be submitted within 25 working days of the start date. For all other courses, the Learner Registrations should be submitted within 60 working days of the start date.
4. Once you've registered your learners, you can teach and assess them, and then at the end of the course when you're ready to claim.... well, those instructions are lower down!
Help with external verification
If you need help with external verification, you may find that the answers to your questions are in our documentation, for example "Being an AIM Awards Centre" which is located on our Centre Handbook page.
Below are the basics of external verification but if you have a question that is still not answered, you can contact your allocated Customer Support Officer on 01332 341822 or by email.
1. Once learners have been registered you will be issued with a Recommendation for the Award of Credit (RAC) form which must be downloaded and issued to the Assessor. Once learners have been assessed and units have been successfully completed, the Assessor must tick or mark each learner that has ‘achieved’ and sign the RAC via the Portal (see instructions below). The assessed learner work must be given to the Internal Verifier who will complete their Internal Quality Assurance activity and once any actions have been addressed they must confirm the RAC via the Portal.
2. Once your learner work has been completed, assessed and verified internally according to your IV plan, it should be presented for external verification. For most of our centres, external verification activities take place at our many EV Roadshow events (see the 'Events' page for details of upcoming EV Roadshows). You need to book on to the EV Roadshow you'd like to attend by contacting your allocated Customer Support Officer.
However, if you're running one of our more specialist qualifications, such as Counselling or one of the Creative Apprenticeships, then it may be that we send an EV out to you. If this is the case, you will be allocated a number of external verification visits in each academic year according to your historic and planned number of learner registrations. Every September we will inform you of the number of visits and the name of the External Verifier (EV) you have been allocated, and you must let us know when you would prefer your EV visits to happen. The sooner you let us know, the more likely it is that we can visit at your requested dates. Your EV will be in contact in advance of the date to agree specific details. You can request additional chargeable EV visits in addition to those allocated.
3. Once you've registered for an EV Roadshow, we'll be in touch to let you know which learner work to bring for EV (ie we'll pick a sample). For EV visits to your centre, the EV will expect to be able to look at all completed and assessed learner work that is being claimed for on the RAC(s).
4. You will need to make records of assessment, IV documentation, feedback to learners, any reasonable adjustments applied, the completed RACs and course documentation including staff CVs available for the EV to review. If the EV is satisfied with the standards of assessment and verification they will confirm the RAC for processing.
5. The EV will give verbal feedback and complete a report for each qualification that has been reviewed which will be emailed to the centre within 24 hours. These qualification EV reports and a summary centre EV report will be sent to your named quality contact within four weeks.
Help with certification
If you have questions about how you get your learner's certificates, you may find that the answers to your questions are in our documentation, for example "Certification" which is located on our Centre Handbook page. Below are the basics of certification but if you have a question that is still not answered, you can contact your allocated Customer Support Officer on 01332 341822 or by email.
1. Once a correctly completed RAC with all signatures has been received by us, certificates and a summary of credit achievement will be produced and issued by post to your internal Centre Administration Contact within 4 working weeks. Learners that have achieved a qualification will be issued with a qualification certificate with details of the qualification and units achieved. Learners that have not achieved a qualification will be issued with a unit certificate with details of the units and credits achieved. Please be advised we reserve the right to withhold certificates if fees are outstanding at the time of dispatch.
2. Certificates will be sent to the centre who registered them, not necessarily where the course was delivered. You are responsible for the distribution of the certificates to learners and you must email us to notify us of receipt of certificates.
Help with the AIM Awards Online Portal
The AIM Awards Online Portal is the place to go to for any aspect of learner registration, data management or to approve claims for learner achievement. You can access the Portal by clicking 'Login' and then 'Login to Quartz Portal' at the top right of this website.