We are regulated by the Office of Qualification and Exams Regulation (Ofqual) to offer qualifications in England and Northern Ireland. We can develop qualifications in a range of sectors, providing the qualification meets the needs of end users and has a valid approach.
If you decide you would like to create your own qualification, we will work with you step by step through the development process.
- Chat - the first thing you need to do is talk to us. You can give a member of our Business Team a call for a no-obligation chat on 01332 341822 or email us to let us know about your idea. We will be able to give you guidance on how feasible the proposal is.
- Business case - Once we have a better understanding of your requirements and have answered any immediate questions you may have, we will work with you to complete a business case that captures more details on your course such as its purpose, market need, how you intend to engage with the wider sector and intended progression routes.
- Green light - Once the business case has been completed, it will be submitted to our Executive Group for approval. They will confirm if we are happy to proceed to full development. At this point we will provide a fixed quote for the development costs and further registration fees. If you decide to continue, then we will prepare a project plan which will include timescales.
- Get writing - You will be assigned a project manager at AIM Awards who will work with you on creating the content of your qualification and ensuring the product meets your needs. The content will need to be reviewed by others to ensure it is fit for purpose. You will need to work with us to get support from stakeholders to prove that the qualification content is valid.
- Approval - Once the content is written and you are happy with it, we will submit it to the AIM Awards Qualification Validation Panel. Upon approval of the panel, the qualification will be submitted to Ofqual so that is can become recognised as a regulated qualification.
Depending on the focus of your qualification, we may also be able to help you apply for funding to support its roll out once it has been approved by Ofqual.
If you have a proposal for a qualification, give the business team a ring on 01332 341822 or email us today!