Our flexible range of pre-employment and vocational qualifications have been designed to support young people develop skills in preparation for apprenticeships and sustained employment as part of a Traineeship.
Who are Traineeships for?
Young people aged 16-24 who:
- are not currently in a job and have little work experience, but who are focused on the prospect of work
- are aged 16-19 and qualified below Level 3, or aged 19-24 and have not yet achieved a full Level 2 qualification
- have a reasonable chance of being ready for an apprenticeship or employment within 6 months of starting a Traineeship
What is the curriculum content?
There must be 3 core elements to any Traineeship programme:
- a focused period of work preparation training, covering areas such as interpersonal skills, job search, CV writing and interview preparation
- English and maths, as these are highly valued by employers
- a high quality work placement to give the young person meaningful work experience and the opportunity to develop workplace skills
How long is a Traineeship?
The maximum duration for a Traineeship is 6 months; the work placement element is expected to be at least 6 weeks up to a maximum of 5 months.
What AIM Awards qualifications can be used to deliver a Traineeship?
We have lots of qualifications that are suitable for you to build Traineeship curricula around. The main two qualifications are:
With over 1000 units to choose from, our Skills for Employment and Further Learning (SEFL) qualifications are our most popular and flexible qualifications.
These qualifications are available from Entry 3 to Level 3 and their flexibility has been designed to support a flexible and responsive curriculum. This makes it the perfect qualification for a Traineeship as it can be adapted to the needs of an individual employer or learner. The range of units covers all of the core elements of a Traineeship: employability skills, English, maths and vocational skills. Find out more on our SEFL homepage.
Available in English, maths and ICT, these qualifications allow your learners to develop the skills most prized by learners and apply them in a range of contexts. The qualifications are available from Entry 1 to Level 2 and assessed through externally set assessments which are available on demand. Find out more on our Functional Skills homepage.
Other suitable qualifications
- Getting on at Work
- Developing Skills for Employment
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Get in touch
If you would like advice and guidance on putting together Traineeships, call our Business Development Managers, or the Customer Support Team on 01332 341822.