We offer a range of assessor and teacher training qualifications available for Education and Training sector.
Teacher Training Qualifications
These are the national qualifications you know and love with a difference. We have worked with teacher educators to produce a free hollistic assessment strategy, for the mandatory units, that make use of naturally occuring evidence arising out of practical activities including teaching practice. All the hard work has been done for you, the activities are all mapped to the units. We have minimised the need to write lengthy, theory based essays to help make the content engaging and purposeful.
For anyone new to teaching. This is a 12-credit qualification providing an excellent starting point. It is the minimum threshold qualification for all those teaching in the Education and Training sector.
For those individuals who wish to develop practical teaching skills, and work in range of contexts. A 36-credit qualification with a requirement for 30 hours of teaching practice.
For those individuals who aspire to, or hold, a teaching role with an extensive range of teaching or training responsibilities, including those in more than one context. A 120-credit qualification with a requirement for 100 hours of teaching practice.
The Education and Training Foundation (ETF) have launched a series of 'How to' guides on the Professional Standards page of their website. These guides cover a range of topics intended to help professionals embed the standards in their working practice.
The ETF, working with a variety of sector bodies, has produced revised guidance on the qualifications in education, training and assessment which are available and relevant for working in the post-16 education and training sector. ETF has produced updated guidance on the teaching qualifications for the further education and skills sector. These documents supersede those issued previously by the Learning and Skills Improvement Service (LSIS) and Lifelong Learning UK (LLUK). ETF has also produced updated guidance on Assessment and Quality Assurance Qualifications and has updated the Minimum Core Guidance, defining the minimum core of teachers’ knowledge, understanding and skills in literacy, language, numeracy and ICT; and, using inclusive approaches to address learners’ needs.
The guidance can be found here.
Assessor Training Qualifications
Alongside the teacher training qualifications, we also have a range of assessor qualifications, including Internal and External Verifier qualifications:
- Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
- Level 4 Award in Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
- Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
- Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
- Level 4 Award in Understanding the External Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
- Level 4 Award in the External Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
- Level 4 Certificate in Leading the External Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
Give us a call
We would love to talk to you through how you can work with us to offer these qualifications.
Call one of our Business Development Managers, or the Customer Support Team on 01332 341822.