Thank you for considering AIM Awards qualifications for your centre. We aim to make working with AIM Awards straightforward and provide you with clear information and guidance as well as a friendly, fair and flexible approach.
If you are not yet a recognised AIM Awards centre, then you need to complete Centre Approval as well as the Qualification Approval. Below is the process for applying for Centre Approval:
1. Read Being an AIM Awards Centre – this provides information on working with us, from Centre Approval through to receiving certificates.
2. Complete the Centre Recognition Form.
3. Submit the completed form along with the following centre documents to email@example.com:
- Organisation structure
- Equal Opportunities and Diversity policy
- Registrations procedure
- Recognition of Prior Learning policy
- Examinations procedure (for centres planning to offer qualifications with exams)
- Reasonable adjustments and special considerations policy
- Internal Verification policy and procedure
- Appeals procedure for candidates
- Malpractice procedure
- Complaints procedure
4. We'll set your Head of Centre up with a login for this website so that they can sign our centre agreement online.
5. Once you’ve submitted your documents, our simple centre recognition process involves a review of your completed form and centre policies along with a telephone meeting or visit from a Quality Reviewer, depending on the nature of your centre.
6. If you know which of our qualifications you wish to offer, you may complete Qualification Approval as described above, attaching supporting information as required.
7. If you need help in deciding which of our qualifications are best suited to your learners or in completing your application, then please get in touch and we will allocate a Business Develoment Manager to you. They will work with you to ensure that you can make the most of our offer and help you prepare to submit your application for centre recognition.
8. Once you have been approved and have paid the annual centre recognition fee we will send you a certiﬁcate to show that you are an AIM Awards recognised centre and set you up on our online portal so you can register your learners.
If you have any questions or need help with your centre approval then please phone us on 01332 341822.
Once you are approved as an AIM Awards centre, you need to apply for Qualification Approval for those qualifications you would like to offer to your learners. This is a really straightforward process:
1. Search for or browse our list of qualifications by clicking 'Qualification Search' at the top of this page. Alternatively, you can simply type a search phrase into the search box top right and click on the magnifying glass.
2. One you've found a qualification you'd like to offer, you need to click on 'Offer this qualification'. If you'd like to become one of our Access to HE providers, please get in touch with our Access to HE team by calling 01332 341822 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Once you've clicked 'Offer this qualification', you'll need to choose the units you would like to offer (most of our qualifications have some optional units) by ticking the boxes next to your choices. You then click 'Add to Basket' at the bottom of the page.
3. You'll be presented with a confirmation screen and if you've met the Rules of Combination you can click 'Proceed'.
4. You need to fill in your centre details on the next page although if you've already logged into our website, these will be pre-filled and you just need to confirm them.
5. Finally, you need to prove that your centre has the resources and staff to deliver the chosen qualification(s). This final page specifies what qualifications and experience your staff will need as well as any physical resource requirements. You need to upload proof of staff qualifications as well as naming those that will be assessing and internally verifying - these people will be given accounts for the AIM Awards Online Portal.
Don't worry if you haven't got all this information to hand - you can continue to apply for the qualification but will need to give us this information before we can consider your application fully.
6. That's it! Once you've submitted your application for qualification approval it will be considered by your account team and we'll get back to you with any queries or a decision within 10 working days.